Senior Legal Contract Manager (Content Management) (Based in KL, Malaysia)

Date: 11 Jun 2024

Location: Malaysia, Singapore

Company: Singtel Group

At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.

 

 

Be a part of something BIG!

 

This role is based in Malaysia and primarily supports the content management team that is based in Singapore on their contracts with third party providers. Occasional travel is to be expected.  Estimated time spent would be primarily (~85%) on Content and Channel Acquisition contracts (“Content Provider Contracts”), with the remaining time (~15%) on video, broadband and other miscellaneous contracts and matters supporting Singtel Singapore’s Consumer business.

 

We seek a skilled drafter who is keen to learn and negotiate through to signing legal contracts for Singtel Singapore Consumer business.

 

The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual who is experienced in content acquisition, and capable of handling the fast-paced negotiations of Content Provider Contracts with sophisticated counterparties. Such contracts can be high volume and require quick turnaround to meet tight timelines. Some contracts will require negotiation on the other party’s contract template. Strong negotiation and drafting skills and good time management is key. Open to being rotated to other areas within the contract management team.

 

 

Make an Impact by:

 

  • Draft, review, negotiate and advise on all content acquisition and channel acquisition contracts, and related contracts, with sophisticated counterparties in the specialised content acquisition area, meeting tight timelines required by the business, and obtaining any required endorsements and approvals for deviations from the content contract policy. Actively learn from content managers and contracts manager. (85% of time).
  • Support Singtel Singapore Consumer team on various contracts and documentation. (15% of time)
  • Pro-actively advise on legal and operational risk issues holistically as part of providing legal advice on the contracts. Recommend changes and best practices.
  • Work closely with the various business lines, and relevant stakeholders to provide pragmatic, robust legal solutions consistent with the Singtel Group’s corporate policies. 
  • Ensure documentation is systematically maintained with adequate processes and policies in place, and that organizational memory is retained, within the corporate business group.
  • Collaborate, report to and work under the supervision of the Legal team in Singtel Singapore.
  • Develop and implement procedures for contract management in compliance with Singtel’s policies.  As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
  • Drive user experience improvement initiatives related to the contracting process.

 

Skills for Success: 

 

  • Degree in Law and admitted to practice in Malaysia / Singapore / UK / Australia
  • Minimum of 8 years' PQE gained in a reputable law firm and in-house.
  • Strong legal analytical skills with a good eye for detail and sound knowledge of general corporate and contract law.
  • Keen interest in the business and its operations and processes.
  • Experience in international contracting matters.
  • Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines.
  • Able to work well independently as a legal professional and custodian of the company’s policies as well as working collaboratively as part of a team.
  • Be a fast learner, able to work independently, adaptable to change.
  • Maturity and gravitas.

Rewards that Go Beyond:

  • Full suite of health and wellness benefits
  • Ongoing training and development programs
  • Internal mobility opportunities

 

Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!

We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.